The best non-perishable foods to donate
- canned beans
- dry beans
- peanut butter, or other nut butters
- rolled oats
- canned fruit in juice, not in light or heavy syrup
- canned vegetables, with no or low-sodium
- low-sodium soups
- canned tuna in water
- canned chicken
- brown rice
- nuts, unsalted
- seeds, unsalted
- shelf stable milk and milk substitutes
- whole grain pasta
- low-sodium pasta sauce
- popcorn kernels (not microwave popcorn)
- canned stews
- unsweetened apple sauce
- whole grain, low-sugar cold cereals
- olive or canola oil
- canned tomatoes
- dried fruits, no sugar added
- chicken, beef and vegetable broths and stock.
List from mmn.com
The Hot Flashes Play for this Season's Concert for a Cause
The Hot Flashes, an all female five-piece band, will take the stage in Ryan Hummert Park TONIGHT, August 23, with rock, oldies, and variety.
The beneficiary of this year’s Concert for a Cause is The Branch Outreach and Resource Center. Please bring non-perishable food items!
Please also bring new or gently used children’s books, to be collected by The Maplewood Lions Club.
Anyone donating (3) or more items will receive a coupon for a free sno-cone, provided by The Maplewood United Methodist Church.
Come on down!
Make a donation!
Support your community!
Enjoy free live music!