PART-TIME ADMINISTATIVE ASSISTANT
Mid County Chamber of Commerce (supports the communities of Maplewood and Richmond Heights)
Part-Time Hourly Position (3 Days a Week)
Occasional evenings required
Occasional weekend day or night required
The Executive Assistant assists in all day-to-day operations of the office and brings value to the organization by offering support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. This position is responsible for many aspects of membership with the Chamber including record keeping, communication, bookkeeping, and some event coordination.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Assistant position shall maintain a high level of professionalism and perform in a courteous manner while actively promoting the Chamber of Commerce and its member activities. Effective communication with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, Chamber members, and the public is a vital component to the success of this position. This individual will be required to facilitate various office tasks, keep meticulous records, and maintain several communication platforms, all while prioritizing a steady workload.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phones and respond to member and public inquiries.
- Help with general office tasks; ordering supplies, filing, light office cleaning etc.
- Update and maintain membership records with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Greet visitors to the office and provide necessary assistance as possible.
- Assist with planning, scheduling and executing networking and special events, projects, and initiatives as directed.
- Ability to invoice, receive payments, make bank deposits, reconcile bank accounts, and run reports using QuickBooks.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Assist in preparing the monthly newsletter in Constant Contact.
- Maintain a supportive working relationship with committees, volunteers, and Board.
- Record and maintain meeting minutes for the Board of Directors and President.
- Assist and contribute to managing the organizations social media accounts, website content, and other office communication.
- Other duties as assigned
Crucial Skills and Abilities
Prioritize and conduct work activities without supervision and demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
Must be able to work at a fast pace and overcome challenges quickly.
Will be expected to initiate daily, weekly, and monthly repetitive tasks accurately, promptly and without reminder. Must work with a strong sense of urgency.
Display a willingness to make independent decisions, exhibit sound judgment, make timely decisions, and accept responsibility for results.
Must be a quick and self-directed learner of new concepts, equipment and software used by the Chamber.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to climb steps (Chamber Office located on Second Floor)
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time
IDEAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (Willing to Train)
Associate’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution OR three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have reliable transportation.
Office is located in the Maplewood- Richmond Heights Area
Paid Time Off
Some Paid Holidays
Relaxed Office Environment