Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are typically held on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Tuesday of every month. While the Chamber works hard to accommodate scheduling preferences of businesses, we must also consider the availability of the Chamber Board, Staff and City Officials to ensure a successful event. Ideally, it is best to work with the Chamber before selecting your date.
The ceremony itself runs anywhere from 10-15 minutes. After the ribbon is cut and pictures are taken, welcoming remarks are given by the Chamber and the City followed by an opportunity for a representative of the business to speak briefly.
Attendance at ribbon cutting ceremonies varies widely depending on the time and date selected and how much promotion is done on behalf of the business.
Ribbon Cutting ceremonies are typically held for the following occasions:
- Welcoming a New Business To Maplewood or Richmond Heights (can be held up to 1 year after opening)
- Celebrating a Chamber Members’ major renovation or remodel
- Breaking ground on a new development
To make your ceremony a success, the Chamber will:
- Promote your opening in e-blasts and on the Chamber website
- Arrange for the Chamber President and City Mayor to appear (In their absence, the next in command, will fill in)
- Provide the BIG scissors and ribbon for the ceremony
- Take pictures which will be posted on social media and the Chamber website
To make your ceremony a success, you might consider:
- Inviting friends, family, customers, etc.
- Designating a representative in advance to give remarks at the ribbon cutting
- Providing tours at the event
- Placing businesses cards and/or brochures around common area
- Serving light snacks and/or beverages (This is optional. Serving refreshments may encourage guests to stick around for a bit)
A member of the staff will touch base with you within 2-3 business days.