The Mid County Chamber of Commerce is here and looks forward to celebrating and supporting your business!
Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are typically held Monday-Thursdays between 9:00-5:30 p.m. While the Chamber works hard to accommodate scheduling preferences of businesses, we must also consider the availability of the Chamber Board, Staff and City Officials to ensure a successful event. For this reason, we only guarantee Chamber participation in ribbon cutting ceremonies with a minimum 2-week notice and our expressed prior confirmation of the date. Ideally, it is best to work with the Chamber before selecting your date.
The ceremony itself runs anywhere from 5-15 minutes. After the ribbon is cut and pictures are taken, welcoming remarks are given by the Chamber and the City followed by an opportunity for a representative of the business to speak briefly. The Chamber does not require RSVP’s to attend ribbon cuttings. Attendance at ribbon cutting ceremonies varies widely depending on the time and date selected and how much promotion is done on behalf of the business.
Ribbon Cutting ceremonies are typically held for the following occasions:
- Welcoming a New Business To Maplewood or Richmond Heights (can be held up to 6 months after opening)
- Celebrating a Chamber Members’ major renovation or remodel
- Breaking ground on a new development
To make your ceremony a success, the Chamber will:
- Promote your opening in e-blasts and on the Chamber website
- Arrange for the Chamber President and City Mayor to appear (In their absence, the next in command, will fill in)
- Provide scissors and ribbon for the ceremony
- Take pictures which will be posted on social media and the website
- Send post-event press release to media (no guarantee of coverage)
To make your ceremony a success, you might consider:
- Inviting friends, family, customers, etc.
- Designating a representative in advance to give remarks at the ribbon cutting
- Providing tours at the event
- Placing businesses cards and/or brochures around common area
- Serving light snacks and/or beverages (This is optional. Serving refreshments may encourage guests to stick around for a bit)
A member of the staff will touch base with you within 2-3 business days.