Taste of Maplewood Street Festival- 2020 Plan
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES REGARDING NEW FORMAT
This information is meant for businesses only- this is not the event page. Please don’t share link.
Official event design/logo being developed- this is temporary!
The Mid County of Chamber of Commerce has exhausted every resource to explore the options of holding Taste of Maplewood in it’s traditional format.
However, based on feedback received in a survey sent to businesses along with dialogue with the St. Louis County Health Department, we have made the decision to change the format of the 2020 Taste of Maplewood Street Festival.
While plans for this year’s Taste of Maplewood are not what we hoped, we have full confidence that the new format will promote and drive revenue into local businesses, while keeping visitors and Chamber members safe. This format is for 2020 only. Next year, we hope to be back on Sutton Boulevard- Save the Date | Taste of Maplewood May 15, 2021!
Overview of 2020 Format
Blitz of Small Business Support
Shop Local Punch Card
Pop up Shops
“Shop Local” Design Contest
Tentative – Subject to Change
August 19– Taste of Maplewood Kick Off- Sidewalk Sales, Music in downtown Maplewood, Pop-Up Shops, Punch Card promotions begin
August 22– Sidewalk Sales, Music in downtown Maplewood, Pop-up Shops
August 26– Taste of Maplewood Wrap Up- Sidewalk Sales, Music in downtown Maplewood and Ryan Hummert Park, Winner of Design Contest Announced
Other themes throughout the week TBA
Details and features for the new format are still evolving and will depend on how many businesses participate. A modified event logo, campaign and event features listed below are underdevelopment and will be released once approved.
The 2020 format provides flexibility to make the most of the week while not encouraging a large concentrated crowd. We expect to announce other features of the week as concepts take shape. Of course, we welcome your ideas and feedback as well!
- Event will run over the course of a week; it will kick off on Wednesday, August 19 and conclude on Wednesday, August 26
- The Chamber will pre-sell t-shirts to generate interest. Shirts will be available for pick-up at the Chamber Office and participating businesses (if a participating business desires to be a pick up location)
- A “Shop Local” Punch Card will be created and will reward visitors who shop, dine, or do business with a participating business during the week of 8/19-8/26. Everyone who submits a punch card will win a prize valued at $10 or more. One person will win a grand prize of $100.
- On Wednesday, August 19th and August 26th and Saturday, August 22 – there will be pop-up shops, live music, and sidewalk sales around town for businesses who are not located in the downtown area to have a presence.
- Participating businesses are able to set-up their wares and products as a sidewalk sale.
- The Chamber will facilitate to design contest for visitors to submit artwork that showcases their love of local businesses in Maplewood and Richmond Heights.
- Throughout the week, participating businesses will be featured by the Chamber and will align with various themed days.
Online Registration Begins Friday, July 10
Online registration for business participation begins on Friday, July 10th. An email will be sent and information will be available on the Taste of Maplewood event page.
Very Important– To participate in the Taste of Maplewood, businesses must pay the registration fee AND contribute prizes to be used for punch card. Suggested total contribution per business in prizes is $30-$50- $10 value per prize. This can be in the way of gifts cards, products, etc.
An early registration discount is being offered. Businesses who register/pay early, by July 31st recieve $10 off registration fee.
Participating Businesses will recieve:
Inclusion/listing on event website
Inclusion/listing on shop small holiday punch card and all supplies
Permission to have sidewalk sale outside business throughout week
Logo included on t-shirt
Opportunity to have a pop-up shop for (4 hours) in downtown Maplewood (Select Members only)
Featured Social media plugs
$35/ $25 if registered and paid by July 31
+ Punch card prizes
$50/ $40 if registered and paid by July 31
+Punch card prizes